Countries on the up: the top 5 European media outliers by digital growth, population size & ad spend [data]
When looking at the European media market it’s all too easy to focus on the big 5 - UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain. Alongside these countries there’s a sub-set of smaller countries (by population, GDP and digital spend) that have an interesting mix of characteristics from a digital media investment perspective i.e. they’re countries that are seeing strong digital growth, have significant population and digital spend per capita.
After trawling through a tonne of European media market data, we’ve pulled out 5 countries that have interesting profiles from a digital media investment perspective:
- Poland: over the last year Poland has seen some of the highest digital growth at 22% year-on-year growth. Coupled with its sizeable population of 38 million it’s an interesting bet. The only downside is its low digital spend per capita.
- Sweden: Sweden has seen above average digital growth at 14% and has one of the biggest digital ad spends per capita at €156. Its population is relatively small comparatively at 9.8 million.
- Switzerland: Switzerland’s seen significant year-on-year digital growth at 18.7%, along with strong digital spend per capita - coupled with comparatively high CPMs.
- Netherlands: The Netherlands is both solid digital growth and a relatively sizeable population (17 million) along with a strong digital spend per capita (€94)
- Belgium: Belgium has a similar digital media profile to the Netherlands, with a mix of strong digital media growth (9.7%), ad spend, balanced against a relatively small population (11.2 million).
Access full EU media market data from Hackers.Media 3000+ data points here >>